- Created by: individdy0410
- Created on: 23-03-16 11:18
Experimental Method - a research method used by psychologists which involves the manipulation of variables in order to discover cause and effect. It involves the direct manipulation of one variable, while trying to keep all other variables constant.
- conducted under highly controlled conditions.
- includes any environment where variables can be controlled; usually artificial.
- the manipulated variable is the independent variable.
- the dependent variable is the change in 'behaviour' measured by the
- a variable that could affect the dependent variable, but which is controlled, is an
- a variable that has an unintentional effect on the dependent variable is a
- Deman characteristics are the cues which convey to the participant the purpose of the experiment - they may seek out cues…