- God punishing wicked making them ill
- King's touch to make people better
- Vesalius was doctor. Self taught anatomy disproving Galen's work of jaw and permeable heart membrane. Wrote "Fabric of Human Body"
- Pare was a barber surgeon. Replaced cauterising with ligatures and boiling oil with natural oils. Saved lives, but introduced infections. Wrote book "Works on Surgery"
- Harvey was a doctor. Disproved Galen's idea of blood manufatured in liver and replaced with heart that pumped blood. Wrote "Motion of Heart"
- Paracelus identified disease attacked body, rather than imbalance
- Wiseman surgeon to King. Wrote books about surgery
- Physicians qualified doctors, studying 14 years…
Similar History resources: