- Created by: chinwe
- Created on: 18-04-15 21:31
Global Hazard trends
Natural hazard- An event which causes death, economic damage, damage to peoles livlihood.
What are the statistics?
1) The number of reported natural disasters have increased (1930-200)
2) Floods and windstorms(hydrometeorlogical)are the most frequent types of diasters(1930-200)
3) The number of deaths have decreased (1950-2006)
4) Increase in the number of people affected (1950-2006)
4) Economic loses have increased rapidly- highest economic loss; 'kobe eathquake + hurricane Katrina' (1950-2006)
CRED.com; Statistics on the natural hazard trends…