Content is divided into 6 modules, B1, B2, C1, C2, P1 and P2.
Within each module the content is shown as eight items (e.g. C1a, C1b, C1c, C1d, C1e, C1f, C1g, C1h). Thus, the content contains a total of 48 teaching items. Each item requires approximately 2½ hours teaching time.
GCSE Science B requires 120–140 guided learning hours in total.
• Papers include structured questions and objective questions.
• The internally assessed unit is based on a single investigative task divided into three parts.
• There will be a choice of controlled assessment tasks, set by OCR, valid for entry in one year only.
• Unit B711 paper is 1 hour 15 mins long, with a total of 75 marks.
• Unit B712 paper is 1 hour 30 mins long, with a total of 85 marks including a 10 mark analysis of evidence section.
• How Science Works will be assessed in all units.