- Sigmund Freud and Psych
- founder of psychoanalysis
- pioneered principle tools in psychoanalysis: "dream analysis" and "free association" - the spontaneous verbilization of thoughts.
I. Freud's Theories
- instinctual drives, especially libido (sex drive) are governed by human behavior.
- guilt from the repression of instinctual urges dominates the unconcious life of human beings.
- most psychic disorders are the result of sexual trauma stemming from the child's unconcious attachment to the parent of the opposite sex. (Oedipus/Electra Complex).
- Freud's theories shocked the world with his analysis of infant sexuality and more generally with his claim that the psychic lives of human beings are formed…