- Created by: Kata J
- Created on: 20-12-18 12:43
Communism (Soviet Union):
- Only 1 Political Party - Communist.
- All Industry and Business owned by the State for the benefit of everyone, everyone is equal.
- Encourages Communism in other countries
- Several Political Parties - voters choose and change the Government
- Most Industry and Business is privately owned, some people are wealthier than others = competition.
- Encourages Trade with other countries.
The Tehran Conference:
- The first meeting between Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill.
- Agreed that a Second-front would be opened in France, May 1944.
- The Soviet Union would enter the war against Japan after Germany's defeat.
- Poland's borders would be moved expanding and area of Eastern Poland to become part of the Soviet Union
The Yalta Conference:
- February 1945
- It was agreed that when Germany was defeated they would have to pay reparation for all the damage and be reduced in size aswell as demilitarised.
- European countries would have democratic elections.
- The Soviet Union would declare War on Japan.
- Poland would be a 'Soviet Sphere of Influence' but run on a demoratic basis.
The Potsdam Conference:
- A council was set up to organise the re-building of Europe.
- The Nazi Party was banned and war criminals were prosecuted.
- Germany was reduced in size and parts were run by; Britain, France, USA and Soviet Union.
- Berlin was also divided up into zones of occupation.
Outcomes - Tension was increasing between the superpowers and differences between the nations were becoming more obvious, Truman replaced Roosevelt when he died and didn't trust the Soviet Union.
The Long Telegram:
- Secret report from Kennan…