Boethius: 500 AD
- Inspired by the work of Augstine - The problem of evil
- 'The consolation of Philosophy'
- He wanted to answer the question "Why are bad people rewarded?"
- God is omniscient - Knows all - Tautology
- God is outside of time
- God has no past, present, or future
- "What god knows, he knows now"
- "He does not know when we are reading this, but he knows rhat we have read it" - Simultaneous possesion of boundless life
- We use tempral things to understand god - Via Negativa
- "A viewer at the top of the hill watches a man walk on a sunny day" - The sun is necisary (Inesse) However…