The Design Argument (William Paley):
Some people believe:
- The world was designed because it works according to laws.
- The beauty of nature can't be down to chance, therefore someone must have designed it.
- The structure of DNA seems to suggest a designer, as it is very detailed and accurate. The same could be said for the eye, and that our planet is just perfect for life.
- The idea that evolution has led to more complex and intelligent individuals suggests evidence for design.
However some people believe this does not provide proof of God's existence, because:
- It ignores evidence of lack of design, such as earthquakes and volcanoes.
- It does not prove that…