- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 21-04-21 20:18
- Feminist writers that focused on familiar exploitation of women in the family.
- Saw the exploitation of women in the family not as a benefit to capitalism, but rather as a benefit to men.
- The family is patriarchal in nature and allows men to have a sense of authority at home.
- The domestic labour that females provided at home would have been rewarded with wages outside of the home.
- Deemed to be 'non-productive' when performed in the home, they lost their worth and were not counted in the economy.
- Home is not a refuge from work for women but rather an economic microsystem of its own.
- Work performed by women is 'invisible' and forms part of a set of expectations of being a wife and mother.