- Created by: itstanzim16
- Created on: 08-12-18 14:54
CHRISTIANITY BELIEFS AND TEACHINGS
The Nature of God
- God is benevolent - "God so loved the world that he sent his one and only son"
- God is omnipotent - "Nothing is impossible with God"
- God is omniscient - "The eyes of the Lord are in every place"
- God is just - "Surely God will not act wickedly and the Almighty will not pervert Justice"
- God is incarnate - came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of humanity
The Oneness of God and the Trinity
- Christians believe that God revealed himself in three distinct ways:
- God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
- Belief in the Trinity allows a Christian to understand the nature of God as well as the Bible
- Corinthians - "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all!"
Different Christian Beliefs about Creation
- All parts of the Trinity took part in Creation
- Genesis says that "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth."
- John opens with "In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
- God created the world through his word "Let there be light"
- The Holy Spirit took part "the spirit of God hovering over the face of the waters"
The Incarnation and Jesus
- God becomes flesh and takes human form - Jesus Christ
- "The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us"
- If Christians acknowledge Jesus as the son of God, then God lives with them
- Also helps Christians understand the extent of God's love.
- When Jesus was baptized a voice from the heavens said "you are my son" - Mark
- Christians believe that Jesus had to die to fulfill God's plan. Without his death,…