- New cells are needed for growth and repair.
- The cells of your body divide to produce more cells, so your body can grow and replace damaged cells.
- There are two stages...
- First, the cell physically grows and duplicates its contents...
- The cell has to copy everything it contains so that when it splits in half the two new cells will contain the right amount of material.
- The number of organelles increases during cell growth.
- The chromosomes are copied, so that the cell…
Similar Science resources: