- Created by: Alice piggott
- Created on: 09-05-16 14:17
Volcano Case Study - Montserrat
- The volcano had been dormant for 300 years until it began to show eurption signs in 1995.
- The most intense eurptions were in 1997
- The eurption sent out a large amount of ash, lava and pyroclastic flows.
- over 6500 people out of 10,000 were left the island
- 19 people were killed as they DID NOT leave the island
- The whole island was affected, as volcanic eurptions and lahars have destroyed large areas of Montserrat including the capital Plymouth.
- The eurption has a devasting affect on econimic and socail…