The Nervous System
- Information recieved from receptors passes along neurones to nerves in the brain
- Nerve impulses are electrical signals and travel along the neurones to the brain at a high speed
- Receptors detect the stimuli eg. light, sound and pain.
- Sensory neurones transmit the nerve impulses from the CNS to the effectors which bring about a response
- Effectors include muscles or glands
The Central Nervous System includes the CNS itself, the brain and the spinal cord which work together to create a…