- Created by: Pokemon/Trainer
- Created on: 22-05-16 17:50
What is a mutation?
A mutation is a change in the DNA base sequence.
What happens if a mutation occurs within a gene?
The production of the protein it codes for may be disrupted, or another protein may be produced instead.
Why are most mutations harmful?
- producing the wrong protein can prevent an important reaction from occuring.
- producing no protein at all can also stop a reaction from occuring.
- if a mutation occurs in reproductive…