- Where the parties or thier representatives work to find a mutually accepted solution
Examples: Neighbour or Consumer Disputes or any case prior going to court.
Parties themselves make the decistion
No Legal Funding Availiable
Most Private, Cheapest and Quickest ofrm of ADR, but can incur the use of Lawyers which can prove to be very expensive.
- A neutral 3rd party assists the parites to come to a mutually accepted solution
- The task of the meditator is to find Common Ground between the parties.
- Mediator organises meetings and both parties can be in seprate rooms if they wish.
Examples: Family Mediation, Buisness Disputes, Anywhere where an ongoing relasionship is required
Parties themselves make the final decision with the help of the Mediator.
Normally, no legal funding is availiable but can be awarded from limited family decisions.
Decisions are not legally binding but can be made binding if the parties want it to be however, the process must follow through to court.
- Similar to mediation, the mutual 3rd party plays an active role in assisting the parties to come to a decision, but can suggest solutions.
Examples: ACAS (Advisory Conciliation Arbitration Services), offers miediators for Industrial Disputes. or the DRC (Disability Rights Comission).
Conciliator can move between the parties cans…