- Created by: hibaq8
- Created on: 10-05-16 19:26
Hijrah and the challenges that the Muslims faced:
- Hijrah in 622CE- Muhammad was invited to Madinah as he was referred to as Al-Amin(trustworthy) and As' Sadeeq(truthful).
- 73 people pledged and the people of Madinah offered them protection.
- Muhammad was exiled for 12 years and his own tribe turned on him.
- Why he left? For the protection of the Muslims- Converts were tortured by the Makkans.
- So that he could preach and warn the Jews and Christians of the fires of hell.
- He resisted to the torture of the Makkans but Islam would have been seen as a threat to the Quraysh's wealth- they gained money off of people's sacrifices and pilgrimages if Muhammad's message ran true the tribe would lose out.
- Problems Muhammad faced:
- How to unite the community under on leadership- bringing the Muhajiirun(emigrants) and Ansar(Madinans).
- How to convert the whole of Arabia.
- What to do if Makkah was attacked.
- Creating a treaty with Jews
- Creating laws and…