- Created by: Christina S
- Created on: 12-05-20 19:22
Technical textiles are engineered with specific performance characteristics that suit a particular purpose or function.
- Technical textiles or intergrated textiles are when electronic devices and circuits are intergrated or embedded into textile fabric and clothing to interact and communicate with wearer.
- Conductive fibres and threads have developed from carbon, steel and silver can be woven into textile fabrics and made into clothing or conductive threads can be sewn into a product to connect a circuit.
- Microfibres are extremely fine lightweight synthetic fibres, usually polyester or nylon, that are significantly finer than a human hair.
- Useful properties include excellent strength-to-weight ratio, water resistance and breathability.
- Fabrics made from microfibres are used throughout the textiles industry from clothing and cleaning cloths.
- Phase-changing materials (PCM) change from one state to another with the ability to absorb, store and release heat over a small temperature range by changing from a liquid to solid and vice versa.
- PCMs absorb energy during the heating process (returning to liquid) and release energy to the environment during cooling (returning to solid)
- In cold weather clothing, PCMs encapsulated into the fabric allow body heat to…