1963-64: Douglas- Home
Churchills Time (1951-55)
- NHS- charges stayed in place
- Housing- outdid labour (Macmillan)
- Trade unions- tried to get along
- Nationalisation- affectance of mixed economy. Only denationalised steel, iron and road haulage
- Living standards- improved slightly, food taken off rationing
-Economy (RA Butler)- Balance of Payments crisis, korean war caused fall in exports to USA, 'pots and pans' budget, import controls
Butskellism- Gaitskell and Butler had a lot of similar ideology for economy showed consenus
Edens Term (1955-57)
-Butler's april budget faced a lot of crit. risked economy for party success.
-Eden was a well dressed, lovable man helped win 1955 election along with budget.