- women over the last century had gained many rights
- education - school and university
- married women had control of their property
so why not the vote?
- the vote would get rid of inequalities
- it would improve men's moral behaviour towards women
- other countries have given women the vote
- Britain is not a true democracy until women have the vote
- women pay taxes and rents along with men
1 of 2
- women don't want the vote
- women and men have 'separate spheres'
- the idea that men are suited to the 'public sphere' - work, politics, etc. whilst women are suited to the 'domestic sphere' - families, home life, etc. Therefore, women should not vote in elections.
- women are already represented by their husbands
- it is dangerous to change a system that already works
- women don't fight for their country
2 of 2