FOR THE VOTE
- Women are equal before God.
- Women already have the vote in local elections.
- Women pay taxes.
- Some women (eg doctors and mayors) are far better than some men (eg convicts and lunatics) who have the vote
- Other countries have given women the vote.
AGAINST THE VOTE
- A woman's place is in the home; going out into the rough world of politics will change her caring nature.
- Many women do not want the vote, and would not use it if they got it.
- Women do not fight in wars.
- The vast mass of women are too ignorant of politics to be able to use their vote properly.
- If women are given the vote, it will not be the gentle intelligent women who will stand for Parliament, but the violent Suffragettes. Parliament will be ruined.
1 of 1