The Socialist Revolutionary Party.
- They belived Russia's future lay in the peasantry.
- Led by Victor Chernov.
- Russia's future also laid with the 'people'.
- They promised peasants their own land without compensataing their previous owners.
- They had an extreme side and tame side.
- They played a massive part in the 1905 revolution with their support for peasant uprsings.
1 of 6
The Social Democrat Party.
- The Social Democrats had a smaller number of memebers but had a higher significance to the future of Russia.
- They looked towards the ideas of Marxism.
- The wanted industrial development.
2 of 6
- The first political organisation in Russian history.
- Attempts were made to make a national Zemsteva.
- Eventually, there were zemstevas all over Russia.
3 of 6
- When the Tsar issued the October Manifesto, the Octoberists were created.
- They were created because the Tsar was willing to share political power in national government.
- The Octoberists were made up of Russia Liberals.
- They believed the October Manifesto was the best settlement for Russia's development.
- They became supporters of Nicholas II.
4 of 6
- The Kadets were a more radical group which came out of the 1905 revolution.
- They saw the October Manifesto as the beginning, not end, of poltical reform.
- They hoped a parliamentary system based onn a democratic franchise would be the best way to deal with social and ecnomic problems facing Russia in the early years of the 20th centuary.
5 of 6
Mensheviks and Bolsheviks.
- The Mensheviks were the Social Democrats.
- The Bolsheviks were the Social Democrats too.
6 of 6