Announcement of The Birth of John the Baptist and
- Zechariah was a priest.
- His wife was Elizabeth, a daughter of Aaron. She was barren and very old
- God's angel came to him and told him that they were to have a child
- Zechariah laughed and doubted and because of that, he was to be deaf until the child was born.
- It was to be named John.
- In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, an angel was sent to Nazareth to a virgin named Mary, who was married to Joseph.
- She was told that she was going to bear a son who is going to be the Son of The Most High - The Messiah
- He was to be called Jesus
- Mary then went to Judah at Elizabeth's house
- When Elizabeth saw her, her baby kicked in her stomach and she was pleased
1 of 1
Similar Religious Studies resources: