What Is Computation?
- A good way to not get confused with Computation is to remember that before the 1920's, computers were human clerks that performed computations.
- After the 1920's, the expression "computing machine" reffered to any machine that performed the work of a human computer (calculations)
- During 1950, the name "computing machine" gave way to the expression "computer"
The act or process of calculating or determining something by mathematical, logical or interactive methods.
1 of 3
What Is Computability?
The measures of what can and cannot be computed!
2 of 3
What is Computing?
- Computing is a natural science.
- Computing is not just restricted to man made technology such as the POC, Xbox, or iPod.
- Nature realised how to encode different DNA into every living creatures cells. Therefore, computation was present long before computers were developed.
The study of natural and artificial information processes.
3 of 3