- Created by: Debbie
- Created on: 09-04-13 10:38
Physical Causes of Desertification
- Rising Temperatures: As global temperatures increase it is becoming increasingly hard for vegetation to grow thus reducing vegetation cover and increasing the risk of wind and water erosion.
- Falling Rainfall: As the amount of rainfall reduces in some areas like the Sahel, then it is increasingly hard for vegetation to grow again making the ground more vulnerable to wind and water erosion.
- Flash floods: Intense periods of rainfall can also cause erosion of topsoil which leads to land degradation.
- Wind: If a region is particularly windy then the amount of wind erosion is likely to increase.
1 of 1