Short term immunity from the introduction of antibodies.
Stimulating the production the production of antibodies by the individual's own immune system.
Types of Active immunity
Natural: Body produces it's own antibodies. Results from the body being infected with a disease under normal circumstances.
Arteficial: Inducing an immune response without them suffering the symptoms of the disease.
1. Active involves memory cells, passive does not;
2. Active involves production of antibody by plasma cells/memory cells;
3. Passive involves antibody introduced into body from outside/named source;
4. Active long term, because antibody produced in response to antigen;
5. Passive short term, because antibody (given) is broken down;
6. Active (can) take time to develop/work, passive fast acting;