- Host country alwas has a 'feel good' factor.
- Keeps the nation happy and content.
- Role models promote the country's status. E.g. Sydney 2000
- The host country shows the rest of the world that it wants to be seen.
1 of 3
- Government uses sport to promote their country.
- Success shows success of their political system - a one party communist state.
- Sport is seen as a vehicle for achieving political stability.
- Increase political prestige and morale of workforce.
2 of 3
- Increasing the prestige/image of the country/increases national pride.
- Puts it on the 'world stage'.
- The world gets a positive view of that country.
- Leads to increased tourism and revenue.
3 of 3