What is the Purpose of the Epidermis?
- To allow more light to reach the palisade cells
(The epidermis is thin and transparent)
What is the purpose of the Thin Waxy Cuticle?
- To protect the leaf without blocking out light.
What is the Purpose of the Palisade Cell layer at
- To absorb more light for photosynthesis.
What is the Purpose of theSpongy layer?
- Air spaces allow carbon dioxide to diffuse through the leaf, and increase the surface area.
What is the Purpose of the Palisade cells contain
- To absorb all the available light.