- Created by: Emily Webb
- Created on: 18-05-15 12:22
Natural Law: Weaknesses
- The inflexibility is unhelpful as there are always exceptions to the rule
- If applied rigidly injustices arise e.g. no IVF ever? No divorce ever?
- We should take consequences into consideration as in reality that is how we judge others and ourselves
- It might be wrong to base our actions on reason as some people have obviously more limited practical reason than others
- The theory is based on the belief that we are naturally inclined to do good. Whereas other Christian beliefs teach we are sinful- therefore following our nature may lead to sin
- It is wrong to conclude that the world is as God intended and is therefore a point of reference for what is good as the world is always changing if you believe in evolution etc.
- The universe may not have a purpose
- No purpose then there are no grounds for right or wrong
1 of 1