- Created by: ameliat99
- Created on: 28-04-16 16:09
Dowland's 'Flow My Tears'
- This set work was written in the 1590s, although the precise date is not specified.
- This set work is in A minor and it rarely uses chromaticism.
- This set work follows a Pavane structure (AABBCC). Before this, the set work was known as "Lacremae Pavane"
- This set work's instrumental is minimal, using only Voice, Lute and Bass Viol. Yet, the Bass Viol could be exchanged with a Tenor or Baratone Voice.
- The set work also conforms to features of Renaissance music, the use of imitation being vital.
Berio's 'Sequenza III For Female Voice'
- This set work was composed in 1966.
- This set work is A Tonal, meaning that there is no tonal centre.