- Created by: becky_99
- Created on: 27-12-19 14:25
Factors influencing witnessing an event:
Inattention blindness; weapon focus
Loftus & Palmer (1974)
Participants see a video of a car collision and are asked about how fast the car was going using multiple verbs: "about how fast were they going when they ... each other?"
Processes of attention & memory in eyewitness perf
- Highly selective (e.g. inattention blindness)
- Influenced by attention
- Malleable - forgetting and change occurs
- Influence by how it is retrieved (e.g. Loftus and Palmer, 1974)
Eyewitness performance in sports?
- Influence of attention and memory processes
- Includes expertise, inattention blindness
- Players do not typically have to report what they see, as referees do, but perception and memory will be affected similarly by expertise, inattention blindness