Solicitors are the main providers of legal advice.Solicitors can often solve legal problems through negotiaition but they also have a litigation process and can act as an advocate in court. A solicitor enters a contractual relationship with the client.
Solicitors mainly advice clients and complete the neccesary paper work.
- The academic stage- can be a law degree.
- Become a student of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- The vocational stage- tests skills, one year Legal Practice Course.
- The professional stage- 2 year training contract in a solicitors’ office is required before entry on the roll of solicitors Proffesional skills cource must be completed.
- Fully qualified- admitted to roll of solicitors.
Criticism's: The most expensive form of legal advice.