- quicker and more efficient ways
- need ways to collect and analyse data
- process customer purchases quickly and to improve profitability
- carry out complex calcualtions on large amounts of data
- powerul processors and large amounts of memory and storage sapce
- commnuciaton needed to help busienss people
- reduction in size of devices
- increase in processing power
- methods of storage (increased portability)
- advances in telecommunications, to transport data almost instantly.
Past= business traveler would carry:
- laptop- producing documents
- mobile phone- making calls
- PDA-short notes and contact information
Present= phones have:
- address books
- video players
- connect to internet
The phones are becoming smaller and more functions that require businesses to adapt
digital data enables user to:
- listen to music
- watch TV
- take part in interactive programs
the TV guides/ schedules are becoming more easier to navigate and users can also download and view at their own convenience.
channels can be easily created, such as a Football team giving more control over the marketing and experience for the fans
user interacts with a range of devices that work together seamlessly
- clothes have a tag that are read by a washing machine so it automatically know how to wash them
Each connected item will need a individual ID by a RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
- mobile phones could be used used to pay for good
others include 'Semacode tag' that link to website URLs and 'GPS' to track anything (phones + bags)
Potential future uses of ICT
define- are mainframe computers that are amongst the most powerful computers at any particular time.
they are used to model weather and climate, to investigae the performacne of new drugs.
Brain- controlled computing
humans give off electrical signals and there is the possibility of using brain waves to control device.
Implications of future developments
- business don't need the staff to be physically present in the office every day due to teleworking and videoconferencing with advances in communication technologies with Wifi, Bluetooth and mobile broadband.
- but it might be stressful as the staff cant escape and relax with security concern, 24/7 contact and data being at risk
- predict future illnesses , as it investigates all 20,000 or more genes in human DNA with computer databases
internet to communicate between networks using protocols