Home Economics Consumer Organisations
Consumer Organisations provide support and information to consumers. Some assist consumers by producing guides and educating consumers about their rights, campaigning and what to do if they have a complaint while others enforce consumer law.
Citizens Advice Bureau
largest charity in NI - inform and advise over 200,000 consumers per year. Aims - ensure individuals don't suffer through:
- Lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities
- Lack of knowledge of the services available to them
- Inability to express their needs effectively.
- influence development of social services (locally & nationally)
- the offer free, confidential & impartial advice on a range of issues.
inc. social security benefits, money, housing rights & legals matters.