· DNA stores genetic info; molecules are long and tightly coiled.
· A double-helix structure (2 polynucleotide strands held by hydrogen bonds) means DNA is stable.
· DNA contains genes-sections of DNA which code for amino acid sequences.
DNA is a polynucleotide made up of: Phosphate, Nitrogenous bases and Deoxyribose sugar.
· 2 nucleotide strands join via phosphate + sugar = sugar-phosphate backbone.
· In Eukaryotic cell’s DNA is linear: wound around proteins, coiled into chromosomes.
· In Prokaryotic cell’s DNA is circular; condensed by supercoiling.