The causes of waste pollution
Rapid urbanisation means theat LEDC's struggle to dispose of their waste because of:
- Cannot afford to dispose of waste safely.
- Toxic waste is too expensive to dispose of safely.
- LEDC's lack the lorries to collect the waste.
- LEDC's also lack wide roads so the lorries can't use them.
1 of 3
Effects of waste pollution
- The amount of waste generated is so large it is an enormous problem.
- 7025 tonnes of rubbish is produced every day in Mumbai.
2 of 3
The solution to reduce waste pollution
- Increase recycling.
3 of 3
Similar Geography resources: