- Created by: Former Member
- Created on: 04-01-12 18:13
1) What was the procedure of Gardner's study?
2) What were the results?
1) Gardner provided evidence from case studies to show that there is something called deprivation dwarfism. One study was where a girl was born with a malformation that meant that she had to be fed through a tube. The girls mother did not cuddle or pick up her child in fear of dislodging the tube.
2) At 8 months, this child was severely withdrawn and physically stunted and admitted to hospital for treatment. She thrived on the attention she got given in hospital and she soon returned to normal, despite no change in her diet.