Animal parasites -> MITES
- Highly irritating - itchy allergic reaction
- Burrow into the epidermis where they feed, lay eggs, defecate and urinate.
Signs and Symptoms include:
- Reddish or greyish lines on top of the epidermis
1 of 3
Animal parasites -> LICE
Three types of lice:
They spread by direct contact with someone who is infected.
They crawl instead of flying or jumping.
2 of 3
- Small and ring like
- Red, scaly and itchy
- Come from direct contact with pets
- Associated with damp and tight clothing
- More common in males
- Starts between the 3rd and 4th toe
- Foot burns and itches
- Dry and scaly skin on the toes
- Associated with warm, dark and humid conditions
- Create infections called Tinea
- Treated with antifungal cream, tablets or powder
3 of 3