- Created by: ambermason0608
- Created on: 13-02-19 09:18
Character interactions (comparison)
As a reader, how do a characters interactions with others develop our understanding of them?
- Relationships are restricted so takes any opportunity for social interaction that she can.
- Nanny/ Joe both limit her interactions.
- Takes the opportunity to talk with everyone in the Everglades
- Strict social etiquette
All characters are presented as having restrictions
Concept of Intemediary characters
Concept: Intermediary characters develop our understanding of a character and relationships
Intermediary- a person who acts as a link between people in order to try and bring about an agreement
- Risk taker
- Abducts Catherine
- He is a liar, which means he is not principled
- Very rude
- Knowledgeable because he studied at Oxford University
- Not very principled
- Knows how to get what she wants
- Good communicator
- Very caring towards Catherine
- Good communication when talking about every single thing that comes into her brain