- Created by: Majid
- Created on: 31-12-12 23:21
Causes of Stress/Measuring Stress - Evaluation (1)
- Quan data; Overcomes subjectivity of using a self-report
- Baseline readings can show impact a stressor has
- Measure hormones - can't lie about what drugs are in your system; avoids Social Desirability Bias
- Objective; scientific; can't be falsfied; can't lie about their stress levels.
- Don't allow you to measure psychological measures only physical
- We aren't wholly sure we're measuring stress levels - Might be measuring stress levels
- We don't know what stress reactions caused the stress - lack of qual data
- May feel like their privacy is being invaded by using electrodes to measure their responses
- Lots of things can mimic stress levels; But if take a baseline you're looking for the increase, doesn't matter where it starts.
1 of 1