- Created by: Tazziie
- Created on: 23-10-10 16:59
- Respiration is NOT breathing in and out.
- Respiration is the process that breaks down Glucose in order to Release Energy.
- All living things respire.
- Aerobic Respiration needs plenty of oxygen.
- The Equation for respiration is:
Glucose + Oxygen --> Water + Carbon Dioxide (+Energy)
- The circulatory system carries Glucose, Oxygen and Blood Around the body in the Cells.
- The Glicose needed for Respiration comes from the food broken down in the Digestive System.
- Oxygen comes from the air breathed in to the lungs.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) is released when we breathe out.
- Difussion is the Movement of Praticles from a place with High Concentration to a place of Low Concentration.
- when cells respire they use up Oxygen and Glucose and so there is a higher concentration in the Blood.
- Due to this, the substances difuse from the blood in to the Capillaries.
1 of 2
Respiration and Excercise !
- Muslces need Energy from respiration to Contract.
- While excersising, more energy is needed and so due to this oxygen is required in larger amounts.
- This is known as Increased Respiration.
- When doin heavy workouts Oxygen
2 of 2