"Someone who is employed for a fixed period of time, usually in order to perform a specific service that is not already present in the business, (i.e IT, Website creation etc.)"
+ Give flexibility to a business with more skills
+ Cut Costs
- May be less motivated as they are not commited to the business
- Customers and other Workers may not like constant changes in work force, which may affect motivation
"Someone who is employed on a permanent contract, and can either work full time or part time based on their hours."
Work over 30 hours per week
+ Always available in the business to handle unexpected events
- Higher costs as they are on a fixed wage
Work under 16 hours per week
+ Flexibility, as workers can be used to cover extra work or provide extra skills
- Harder for the worker to access training opportunities
Consultants and Advisors
When a firm needs help or advice on the the running of their business, they may hire consultants or advisors:
" Business or individuals who provide professional advice or services for a fee, often on how to make the business more successful "
+ Business benefits from specialist skills without employing new workers
+ Business can easily adjust size of their workforce
- Consultant or Advisor will not know the business as well as employees
- Consultants may not be as motivated as they are not committed to the business
- High cost for the period of time they work for