- Created by: puddlerevise
- Created on: 04-01-20 15:35
* A non comunicable disease cannnot be passed from one person to another.
* Risk factors are aspects of a persons lifestyle, or substances present in a person's body or enviroment, that have been shown to be linked to an increased rate of disease.
* For some non comunicable diseases, a casual mechanisim for some risk factors has been proven, but not in others.
* Benign and maligant tumours result from abnormal, uncontrolled cell division.
* Bengin tumours form in one place and dont spread to other tissues.
* Malignant tumours are cancers. The cancerous cells invade neigbouring tissues and many spread in the blood to different parts of the body where they form secondary tumours.
* Lifestyle risk factors for various types of cancer include smoking, obesity, common viruses, and UV exposure. There's also genetic risk factors for some cancers.
* Smoking can cause cardiovascular disease including coranary heart disease, lung cancer,and lung diseases such and bronchitis and COPD.
* A fetus exposed to smoke has a restricted oxygen supply, which can lead to premature birth, low weight, and even stillbirth.