- Created by: Fiona S
- Created on: 06-03-15 23:05
Laws (before the 1920s)
- They realised that everyone coming into their counrty weren't people they wanted in society.
- The laws didn't keep everyone out, didn't just let in people who would benefit society.
1 of 5
Where the immigrants came from
- Immigrant came from Europe such as Italy, Russia and Eastern Europe and the people from there were Jews.
- They worried that immigrants from Africa might bring disease.
- Other immigrants came from China, Japan, Mexico, France etc.
2 of 5
Attitudes of Older Immigrants
- The older migrants felt as though the new migrants were taking their jobs because they were working for less.
- They had a superiority complex where they felt they were better than the newer immigrants.
3 of 5
- Many immigrants came to America to escape communism such as in Russia.
- America didn't want immigrants who supported communism in America.
4 of 5
- People of America became violent towards the immigrants beacuse they thought they were stealing jobs.
- They were especially violent to black people.
5 of 5