Slides in this set
· When Heathcliff can't have the woman he loves, he turns his attention to
having his revenge on Hindley
· Without the desire for revenge, Heathcliff would have nothing to do except
long for Cathy
· Revenge is Heathcliff's motivation throughout the novel
· `how I shall pay Hindley back'
· `settle my score'…read more
· Cathy's love for Heathcliff is like the `eternal rocks' whereas her love for
Edgar is like `foliage' and is tied to her desire to be the `greatest woman of the
· `he's more myself than I am'
· `I am Heathcliff'
· `my heart's darling'…read more