First 171 words of the document:
Writing to argue, persuade, advise
1. `Young people nowadays don't know what real music is!'
Write an article for a national newspaper where you argue for or against this point of
2. You want to take two weeks off school to take part in a televised talent contest. Write
a letter persuading your Head teacher to allow you to do this.
3. `You spend far too much time listening to that awful music!'
Advise teenagers on how to respond to this frequently heard criticism from adults.
4. Write a letter to the organisers of the National Lottery in which you argue that more
should be done to help young people with special talents and persuade the organisers
that money should be given for this.
5. Write an article for a magazine aimed at teenagers in which you argue that students
should be taught to drive at school.
6. Write an advice sheet for people who are newcomers to your area.