First 192 words of the document:
Methods: Doing Research Questions and Answers
1. Give an explanation of quantitative data
2. What are the two different research designs?
Experimental/ research design
3. What is an extraneous variable?
The extra things in research that you have not controlled that may affect the
1. What type of experiment is highly controlled?
2. Name the experiment where the independent variable is not manipulated
3. Which experiments can be easily replicated?
1. Which study is looking for a relationship between the results?
2. What study looks at one particular point of time?
Cross sectional research
3. Which study is conducted basically with observations and interviews?
1. What does bias mean?
Being strongly for or against something and your opinion could affect the results
2. Explain experimenter bias
Setting up an experiment and/or interpreting the results to fit a certain idea or
3. Why would people want their results to be non bias?
The results will be more reliable
Other pages in this set
Here's a taster:
Explain the difference between a closed and open question
A closed question involves a yes or no answer whereas a open question involves
a wordy and longer answer
2. Give 3 examples of how a questionnaire can be conducted
Three of: face to face, by post, by telephone or via the internet
3. What is the aim of a questionnaire?
To find out what other people think or do