Slides in this set
· Ammeter measures current it is placed in series
· Voltmeter measures pd is it places parallel
· Potential difference and current are related by
an equation from Ohms law:
· potential difference = current x resistance
· Resistance is measured in ohms,…read more
· DC=Direct current, flows in one direction.
· AC=Alternating current, changes direction.
· there is a blue wire connected to the neutral pin
· there is a brown wire connected to the live pin
· there is a green-yellow wire is connected to the
earth pin…read more
When a large current is passed through the wire, the
fuse will melt and disconnect the circuit.
· An alternative to using a fuse is to put in a circuit
· Power is measured in watts (W).
· Current is measured in Amps (A).
· Pd is measured in volts(V).
· Charge is measured in Coulombs (C).
power = energy transformed ÷ time
power = current x potential difference…read more