Slides in this set
Matched = Children matched for their level before the study began.
They were rated on a 5 part Likert Scale for physical and verbal
aggression as well as aggression towards objects and aggressive
· This was done by one of the experimenters and a nursery school
teacher both of whom knew the children.
· Children grouped into 3's based on their aggression rating then
picked at random for one of the 3 groups.
· Control , watching aggressive model or watching non aggressive
Why is this good? (Think about what is good about matched
· To control for individual differences in levels of aggression so all the aggressive children did not end up
in the same group.
· To make it a fair test so not all the aggressive children ended up in the same group.
· So level of aggression was not a confounding variable that could have influenced results.…read more
Aim: To see whether children would imitate
aggressive behaviour modelled by adults to a
Conclusion:That is, children learn social behaviour
such as aggression through the process of
observation learning - through watching the
behaviour of another person.…read more
· High Control can establish cause and effect
· Qualitative & Quantitative Data collected
· Replicable similar results consistently found
Low ecological validity
Is it actual aggression or just harmless play?…read more