- The Evacuation Of Dunkirk. Triumph or Disaster?
- "There were bodies floating in the water and we were under constant attack from machine-gun fire, bombing and explosions" DISASTER
- "Wars are not won by evacuation"-Winston Churchill DISASTER
- "All night and day men of the undefeated British Force have been coming home. From interviews with the men it is clear they have come back in glory; and their morale is as high as ever" TRIUMPH
- "After the evacuation, the British people felt the 'Spirit of Dunkirk'" TRIUMPH
- Hitler announced that 1,212,000 Dutch, Belgian, French and British people had been taken prisoner. In addition he said his army had stole British machinery and weapons." DISASTER
- "The contribution of civilian volunteers to the success of Dunkirk was brave, bit it was not significant in terms on number rescued" DISASTER