- Created by: annasykes23
- Created on: 04-05-18 10:04
- The Importance of Buddhist Places of Worship
- Place of Learning - laity or monk, anyone can learn more about the Dhamma from the religious leaders based there via lessons.
- Places for reflection/ meditation - Right Meditation
- Place to pay tribute to the Buddha - making offerings in thankfulness for his gift of the teaching of the Dhamma and for his example of attaining enlightenment - the act of dana (giving).
- Advice - many Buddhists will discuss personal and life issues with the monks to learn the correct Buddhist response.
- Centre of the community.